Monday, April 18, 2011

Dream

I had a scary dream last night...one of those that felt real.

I woke up to the sounds of explosions. Repetitive booming noises in the distance. I was in bed with Chase in a hotel lobby with a large glass window looming to the side of us. There was a pool in front of the glass window, where I could see two silhouettes swimming in circles.

Around us in the lobby were other people on beds sleeping. I was the only one awake.

Beyond the pool in the distance, I could see smoke clouds billowing up. It was dawn, but the sky was filled with a yellowish orange hue making it almost impossible to pinpoint the time.

Then, I saw what was causing the scene. Fire balls were coming from something flying above, but the thick smoke masked what was behind the attack.

I turned to Chase to wake him up, but all of a sudden everyone around me was awake. He had his arm around me and I asked him what was going on. He said that we had made them very angry. I didn't understand what he meant by that, but just then, the attacks got closer. A ball of fire hit the two figures in the pool. But they kept swimming, seemingly uninjured.

All around me, people were staring, but no noise. The sounds of the explosions were getting closer as were the smoke clouds.

It went on like this, but we never did get hit.

I've not had a dream like this in a long time.

2 comments:

Duende said...

We should start a dream diary. It is so interesting to read about dreams. I sometimes post dreams on my blog, but usually forget to. Maybe if we had a dream diary for our family? Or maybe not. We are terrible at the Sands site updating, hehe.

Kris said...

I used to have a dream diary on my computer that had the hard drive crash :o( A bunch of stuff was lost. Ever since then, I haven't started another.
I may just try to jot them down more and then make blogs. This one I woke up and wrote about right away to remember it.