Well folks, I got the results from my blood work - super fast might I add!
It looks as though my red blood cells are pretty low, which surprises me since I already take iron supplements. But, the doctor also noted that this is probably the reason I am getting so many more tachycardia attacks. The lack of red blood cells to carry oxygen to my heart is making it irregular.
Another side affect is depression, fatigue...yadda yadda.
I have another doctor's appointment set up for Wednesday of this week. The doctor wants to do some tests on my heart. Hook me up while on a treadmill to see what happens.
Wee fun?
:(
3 comments:
Kristal, is your doctor performing other tests? I think the low red blood cell count would be indicative of another problem and not by itself something that just occurs or usually causes tachychardia. Like, you may have anemia or something. Do your vitamins also include iron? Protein? Seems like if the doctor could pinpoint what's causing it and treat it, then wa-la, no more tachychardia hopefully!! I have had a problem in the past with protein levels being low. Not sure that is something caused solely by diet or is also genetic. Love you <3
Mom-yes, I am anemic. I have been taking iron supplements, but must not be taking enough. I was taking too much before and was basically getting poisoned from it, so this is the lowered dosage.
Bummer! I had no idea. I think it's also good to take Vit. b-12 and folate. I'm assuming you don't have a stomach ulcer or some other cause of low red blood cell count? Please keep me up to date!
Post a Comment