I got a new car! But wait, let me start at the beginning.
It all started yesterday. I wanted to run some errands and get some groceries at Trader Joes to last me the upcoming week. I got in my car and started to drive, but my car had other plans. At about 10 mph, it felt as though I was stuck in 1st gear and I was already at 40 rpms. I tried going faster to see if Ty (my car) would "shift" so to speak, but in just 5 mph my car jumped to 60 rpms. I got really scared at the sounds it was making. In the past as I'd drive, sometimes my car would make jerky motions as if I was driving a stick shift and switching gears, but I attributed it to my cars funkiness. I was wrong. I just barely made it around the neighborhood to park. I tried it again later in the evening, but it was still acting up. The transmission fluid had recently been filled along with my oil change, so I knew it wasn't that. And no leaks were apparent.
I went inside to Google my issues and found multiple people on VW forums siting the same experiences - all whose transmissions blew. This car...it just doesn't like to work. I started crying, knowing that I couldn't afford to fix yet another issue with Ty. I was at a loss.
Shandra and her parents had just left for the market when all of this had happened. When they got home, her dad, Larry, told me he would go talk to his neighbor friend, Gary who was a shop manager for a dealership. A couple minutes later he came back and told me to go over and talk to Gary with him. He was so helpful. Got me on the line with someone at the dealership and they input my information into the system and ran a credit check. Gary then asked if I could go with him to work this morning to see if we could find a car I could afford. I was hesitant because of money issues. But at the very least he said he could get me a rental car free for a couple of days. I agreed and he picked me up early this a.m.
We arrived at the dealership and I tested a bunch of different cars, but ended up going with a 2010 Nissan Sentra. I love it <3 It's much roomier than my Jetta and even has a trunk that opens! Neat!
6 comments:
Neat!
So funny.
I'm so thankful it all worked out and you don't have to deal with a lemon anymore - finally!!!
Cool! Were you able to get in trade-in value?
Yes, I got trade in value. I'll be paying a ton in interest though, which blows. But at least I'm doing it on my own :o) Ramen noodles and I will once again reunite for a passionate food affair.
An opening trunk!!! Ha. :)
Again, congrats.
Hahahaha, Laura! I almost named my car Dumbo...for the elephant who has a trunk. But decided against it.
I feel as though I haven't talked with you forever (since Christmas!). How's it going? I have been busy trying to get stuff going with my press before we go to Hawaii in February (I think I told you about that). Love you!!
Post a Comment