Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cascade

It seems as though the biggest events-those that are planned with every detailed aligned-pass far too quickly. Weddings, birthdays, engagement parties, holidays...time stops in order to make these occasions perfect. Then, with a blink of an eye, it's over. This is how I felt about the holidays this year.
It started with my trip to Indiana for my aunt's wedding and Thanksgiving with the whole family. I had an incredible time, but it went SO incredibly fast.
Christmas this year had the same affect. Christmas Eve I woke up and did my gift exchange with Shandra. She got me a scarf, a new Nicholas Sparks novel, a penguin blanket, and a penguin pooper. Such an awesome way to start Christmas! I then packed up my car and headed to Chase's work. I picked up Starbucks for he and his coworkers and hung out with him until his shift was over. Afterward, we went to his house and putzed around until dinner and church. The service was a good one and very uplifting. Christmas morning Chase and I woke at 6 along with most of the household and began our gift exchange. It was a lot of fun. I was Santa, passing out the gifts to the appropriate people. It was a lot of fun. That day Chase and I hung out together in his room, setting up his new sound system and playing with his new camera and RC helicopter. That evening we came down with food poisoning and after that spent the rest of the weekend in bed watching movies.
I can't believe it has already passed and the New Year is just around the corner. I don't think I'm ready for the New Year. I'm trying not to have expectations for this coming up year. I don't want to fail myself with a New Year's Resolution list that will sit unread and unresolved.
Here's to a New Year!

No comments: