Okay, so this post has nothing to do with Indiana Jones. But I think he's a hunk (hahahaha)and the theme song is awesome and sometimes starts to play in my head. That's not weird, right?
So, last Friday, July 2nd, I left on a red eye flight to Indiana for a family reunion. I left Orange County at 9:30 pm, had a lay over in Detroit at around 4 am, and arrived to Indiana at 8:30 am. Two things - the obnoxious family of 10 on my 100% full flight to Detroit kept me from sleeping more than an hour or so; and the Detroit airport is very eerie that early in the morning. I was literally the only person in the walking escalator across a football field sized hall that had a light show with music. So after that fun I finally arrived in Indiana to have Kate, Adelaide, and Brian pick me up.
This was my first time meeting Adelaide, and it was really hard not to cry. She is so precious and full of such a zest for everything that surrounds her. I love it!
Upon arrival I was famished, so we went to Cracker Barrell (a must!) and I ordered an egg, bacon, and wheat toast with a whole lot of coffee on the side.
After eating we headed to Turkey Run to meet up with the family. The day progressed with a ton of food and BBQing, hiking the trails, and then swimming two times - once earlier in the day and another time later in the evening. We also sat around as a family and played the dictionary game. I love this game. It makes me giggle. And snort. A lot.
The next day was spent packing up our stuff from the cabin at Turkey Run and heading back to Crafordsville where we went out to lunch and then proceeded to head to Grandma's house. We played Pictionary for a while and then went to Wally World to walk around and peruse the aisles.
All the girls of the family - My mom, Aunt Marcie, Grandma, Rachel, Katie, and I all decided to have a girl's evening that night. I picked up a face mask for us to use that night and my cousin got some super awesome yellow nail polish. We drank wine, ate junk food, painted nails, applied face masks, washed each others hair, (getting the disgusting chlorine out of our hair from the previous day)used hand exfoliation, and had a giggle fest.
The following day was my last day with family. As tradition stands, we went to Little Mexico (my favorite) for lunch. My cousin and I each got margaritas and we all just talked and hung out.
All in all it was a great trip. I left out a lot of details, but this is the gist of the trip and it's amazingness.
3 comments:
Adelaide is so cute. Loving the cheeks.
Sounds like it was a fun weekend with the family. I'm glad you got to go out there, even for the short period of time.
I had so much fun! I like reading your description of it. That girls night was a blast. I loved hiking and drinking beer later. Little Mexico is always fun! And seeing you and everyone, and little Adelaide, was so great! Can't wait til next summer (ROAD TRIP).
Woo to the hoo.
It was a great weekend that went too fast, but I'm so glad you came.
Post a Comment