I posted this survey one year ago. One year later...
1. Name your favorite:
* Color – Tiffany Box Blue
* Scent – My current favorite is gardenia.
* Season – Autumn
* Book – White Oleander by Janet Fitch
* Movie: Easy A
* Song: Ludovico Einaudi - A Fuocu (beautiful song)
* T.V. show: Roswell
* Beverage: Water
* Main course in a meal: Sushi
2. Have you learned anything new lately?
Today: I'm back in school learning a lot. I've learned more about biological anthropology, history of theatre, algebra, and am also teaching myself sign language slowly.
Last Year: I have been watching online classes on Excel trying to master it. There are so many features that make the work I’ve been doing so much easier and more efficient.
3. Pretend it’s a cool fall evening. What’s on your agenda for tonight?
Today: Open the windows for a nice fall breeze to flow into my apartment, make some hot cocoa, work on a puzzle and watch a movie.
Last Year: Usually, I cuddle up with the kitties on the reclining chair and read a book.
4. Where would you like to visit someday?
Today: Fiji, Europe, Jamaica, Ireland, Germany...
Last Year: Fiji! It looks beautiful; I would love to see the lush landscapes and enjoy the tropics.
5. Where do you live, and why do you like it?
Today: I live in a quaint little apartment in Orange, CA. I like it because it's mine and it's home. The bathroom is very vintage looking and huge. The kitchen has wooden counter tops that are fun. And there are some really unique characteristics throughout the apartment that I just love.
Last Year: I live in Santa Ana, CA and while I don’t necessarily like the city I live in, I love my apartment. It’s home and I always feel warm and cozy with the kitties and Chase.
6. Name something that has moved you lately.
Today: I read a news article today about a woman who was walking with her young son. As they were waiting for a cross walk, the mother saw a dog in the middle of oncoming traffic. She went to rescue it and was killed by a driver who ran a red light. Her son witnessed the whole thing. So tragic.
Last Year: I watched this video recently about a motivational speaker who has no arms or legs – Nick Vujicic – and it was truly inspirational. We should never take what we have for granted.
7. What do you do with your time, mostly?
Today: I work full time. Once home, I work on homework and reading for classes. Time not spent doing these two things have recently been working on puzzles, watching Roswell, reading, decorating, napping and playing with the kitties.
Last Year: The majority of my time is spent working, but when I’m not working I am playing WoW, reading, or out with friends. Recently, my evenings have been filled with the show True Blood. I am hooked!
8. What are your past-times and hobbies and interests?
Today: I enjoy reading, putting together puzzles, putting together model cars, WoW (though I gave my account to a friend for a while so it doesn't distract me from school), decorating, writing and watching movies.
Last Year: WoW, designing, daydreaming, reading, writing, watching movies or television, yoga or pilates, going to the beach, and watching Hunter.
9. If you had 50 dollars and had everything you needed, how would you spend that money?
Today: All you can eat sushi dinner and a movie.
Last Year: I would take Chase and I out on a date.
10. You are hosting a party with a few close friends. What would you serve?
Today: Wine, cheese, crackers, fruit and chocolate.
Last Year: Oh, that’s such a hard question! I love BBQs, so I would opt to do a lot of meats and vegetables grilled. Then have sweet tea and fresh lemonade.
11. What kind of conversations do you love?
Today: Ones that make me think. Ones that are completely off the wall and non-sequittor.
Last Year: I love random conversations. Ones that come out of nowhere but end up in fits of laughter.
12. Name a favorite teenage memory.
Today: I met Jessica Belanger when I was in middle school. She and I both had long hair, glasses, brown eyes, and the same body shape and height. People began to sing the "Sister, Sister" song whenever they saw us. We soon began to convince everyone that we were cousins - even teachers. It was a riot. We decided to go to Disneyland for fun one day and met at the park...only to find that we were wearing the exact same outfit. Blue jeans, gray sweatshirts and Converse. Totally unintentional, but hilarious nonetheless. I have pictures of us from that day outside the park in a silly pose and another of us with Tarzan.
Last Year: When I was in high school, my friends and I invented this game called “Tag”. My friends had all graduated college and had cars, so one night out of bored as we were sitting outside of Natales (our coffee shop hangout) we thought up a game of tag using cars. We used a map to set the boundaries that we had to stay in while driving. Each car had two people in it…the driver and the navigator (which was always me as I didn’t drive). We would then all start in the same spot and give a one minute to start to each car for them to go out. The goal was to get 2 feet from one of the cars and flash your headlights twice. Tag, they’re it. It was soooo much fun.
13. Name a favorite childhood memory.
Today: Pretending to be Men In Black with my cousin, Katie. We would get so into it; Wear all black clothes, black sunglasses and walk around with our hands as guns singing and slinking along walls.
Last Year: Any childhood memory at Grandma and Grandpa’s Blue house.
14. Name a favorite memory about someone in your family.
Today: When my cousin Rachel was younger, she was a riot. She was so full of energy and life. She was an avid horse fan...collecting anything and everything horse related. I remember she used to set up little courses for her to run around in the living room and would pretend to be a horse.
Last Year: Fishing with dad and Sam.
15. What are you looking forward to?
Today: I am looking forward to...a weekend of nothing coming up. To one of my courses at school being close to finished. To a Vegas trip in March for a friend's bachelorette party. To some lights that my cousin Kate got for me as a housewarming present to arrive. To family visiting later this year.
Last Year: Summer trips to the river and Idyllwild, seeing family for the holidays, Martha and Jeff’s visit to CA in October…lots of stuff!
16. Have you acquired anything interesting lately?
Today: I have acquired an outdoor cat of sorts. The apartment I moved into has a cat that is always on my back patio. I feel so bad for the poor thing. It seems like it either used to live at my apartment and the owners left it, or it just likes it for the boxes I have set up from my unpacking.
Last Year: My Aunt Marcie made me the most awesome blanket ever! It’s my new cuddling blanket when I can pull it away from Timone.
17. Where do you picture yourself 10 years from now? (Favorite Dad question!)
Today: I really hate this question. At this point, I can honestly say I have no idea.
Last Year: I have a really hard time answering these types of questions, because I honestly don’t know. I would like to have graduated from college, or at least have some kind of degree. Maybe married with a kid…
18. What is your view of heaven?
Always: I think it’s what you want it to be. What you dream of to be your perfect place and pure happiness and serenity…that’s heaven in my eyes
19. How do you like your chicken?
Always: Grilled or lightly seasoned and pan cooked with some EVOO.
20. What one thing would you change about yourself?
Always: The way I view myself. My insecurity.
21. Are you afraid to die?
Always: No. It's a part of the human cycle.
2 comments:
Someone read my survey :) They are always fun. I love your answers.
Hehe, yes...yes I did :o) And thank you. I feel like I don't elaborate enough on the questions, but oh well!
Post a Comment